Monday, March 29, 2010

Unit 8 post

Ok I seriously think that karma has it out for me! I was almost caught up and then my mom had a stroke last week. She spent 3 days in the hospital and then came home for me to take care of. So I have spent the last few days running between my house and hers. She needs constant care as she has no strength and a non existent memory. I have set up her meds in a planner but she forgets to take them or where she put them. I got her a walker but she has fallen trying to raise the window in the living room. So now I have 2 children, my mom, 2 households, a dog, and a full time job on top of school. Something has to give! I am afraid that school is going to suffer as that is the easiest to walk away from. It is a shame too since I have been on the president honor role every term since I started. Oh well what else can I do. I am way too tired to keep trying to explain the mess that is my life, and at some point the instructors are going to think I am making it all up. Funny all I wanted was to get my degree so I could work a second job without having to leave my children. Now it looks like I will be moving in with my mom and taking care of her in the evenings after my regular job. Guess my kids still get the shaft and no extra money now.

1 comment:

  1. Do not give up, yet. I know you do not want to think about this but home health can help and she may need full-time care as in an assisted living facility. There is only so much you can do with out risking your health and sanity.

    ReplyDelete