Saturday, March 13, 2010

Week 6 post!

This has been a very stressful week. The little town just to the west of us has had a bacterial meningitis outbreak. Two children have died and another 5 are hospitalized. I have spent the week helping the health department quarantine and give prophylaxis medication to all of the elementary children. The parents were going crazy trying to take all the children out of school without being examined for symptoms. We had a press conference and town meeting to try and calm some of the craziness but I don't know how much it helped. The Primary care offices have been over run with possible exposure cases. The ER is being over run with frantic parents that can't get their kids seen in the office. I understand that it is scary but we tried to help and they yanked the kids out of school away from our resources. I am afraid I am not getting much homework done. I am going to have to work my behind off all weekend just to try and catch up. Pray for our little children and a complete recovery for those that are sick.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cheri,
    That is so terrible , people get in a panic and just do not care about what you are trying to do to help them. I hope it gets under control quickly and no more children dies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will keep you all in my prayer, God bless you for your efforts.

    ReplyDelete